[thechat] Re: GAS. (guitar aquisition syndrome)

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu May 9 18:54:00 CDT 2002

I've loved that acoustic bass sound ever since I was a whippersnapper
fan of the Violent Femmes...

Rock, they did rock -- in those early years...

There's this other band of which I'm a bit enamored... I happened to
stumble into one of their shows at Humboldt Brewery on a Tuesday
night... they're from Kentucky or something, called "Split Lip
Rayfield" -- sort of psycho-bluegrass-punk style... you know what I
mean, right?

Their "bass" is this way beat gas tank from a VW bus.

And rock, they do.