Geetars (was: RE: [thechat] Big stupid plea... Kenya)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri May 10 12:19:00 CDT 2002

Hi Terry,

Oh Man ... Dang!  That was a nice guitar!  A buddy of mine in Cleveland has one - it's nice! (He plays pretty good and has done some recording ... local theater soundtrack stuff.)

Usually when I say I have a Bluesbird, people immediately ask "hollow-body?" ... and when I say "yeah, sure" ... their eyes get real big and they make "Ooooooo" kind of sounds.

This generally worries me. (Since I suck), this has made me more than a little timid to even touch the darn thing!  I've tried getting a value on it a couple of times, {even emailed some well-known high-end vintage guitar shops), but the experts I've talked to usually tell me things like "Oh no - they never made any in THAT color - you must have a black one" [... and I just imagine that sunburst finish ... uh huh, right!]

The last guy to guess a value on it said $1500.  ['Course, your Fred's Music buddies are asking $2500 on a new one ... and that new one is a solid body ... not a hollow body .... eeeek!]

Oh sure, "Thanks" dude!   Now I'm afraid to play it again!    ;-P

RonL.
(Just kidding.  But I guess I should figure out the replacement value if only for insurance purposes.)