Geetars (was: RE: [thechat] Big stupid plea... Kenya)

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri May 10 15:48:01 CDT 2002

At 01:20 PM 5/10/2002, you typed:
> > My ex-husband has a D18 Martin
>
>If he's willing to sell it to you I'll loan you the dough. Heck, I'll buy it
>as a present for your son if he'll let me touch it once :)
>
>joel

I can't even imagine what it's worth right now. I think I recall that he
bought it new in about 1970 for $500. The sound it has is amazing..... so
rich, resonant. My boyfriend my freshman year of college had (maybe still
has -- I hope!) a 12-string Martin, another beautiful acoustic guitar.
(beautiful visually and in its sound).

Here's a new one at the C.F. Martin site for just over $2,000:
<http://www.mguitar.com/MartinGuitar/StandardOutput.asp?RECORDID=89>

What's the value on these things? If they're older like this and they've
aged wonderfully I know that many instruments can go up in value. It also
depends on the market.

I know when I bought my grand piano in 1983 the market went flat after
that, so even in the mid-90s it was still just worth what I'd paid for it
(not cheap, though!) rather than increasing in value as they had prior to
that. That was in my favor for my divorce, so I didn't mind at the time.
:-) However, I haven't even checked on its value now.

Quit distracting me with all this fun music stuff! <grin> Well, don't, but
I've got a deadline to meet. :-) More after the workday is over....

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Website Design, Development      http://www.skdesigns.com/