Geetars (was: RE: [thechat] Big stupid plea... Kenya)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri May 10 16:33:01 CDT 2002

Hi Shirley!

Gruhn Guitars, one of the 'high-end' vintage shops, has a '67 D-18 for sale for $2750.  (They also have 1939 for sale at $6500).

http://www.gruhn.com/catalog/aaab.htm

OTOH, they're asking $40,000 for their '58 Flying V.  [I think I saw a few years ago where they offered "THE" Flying V prototype for sale ... at a cool $100,000.  If I remember rightly it was a pre-production model sent to a case maker to work from for designing the cases. Yow!]

RonL.
(I had a friend looking at new Martins and Taylors two or three years ago ... he ended up buying a Larrivee - a very cool acoustic from Vancouver.)

http://www.larrivee.com/