[thechat] Ooh, rings *too* many bells

Miriam miriam at members.evolt.org
Sat May 11 18:33:01 CDT 2002

> miriam, it's usually not necessary to beat up on the guy (or yourself) --
> sysadmins are really not all that stoopit (if they are, they don't last
> long)
Heh. Not stoopit... but maybe 4 letters beginning with an "L" and ending in
a "y." There's a "z" and an "a" in there too... I asked nicely, then
appealed to any latent desire to be l337 (ha!) and then appealed to any
sense of user-centered-design (double ha!)

> so just shoot your pal the following snippets, and mention in a friendly way
> that, since you are the main web person, it is very probable that outside
> calls about why the urls don't work will come to you, and you are just
> covering your ass with the higher-ups, documenting that you requested the
> change but it was refused, so that it's not you that gets fired
LOL, I' try that. And thanks for the URLs. Maybe I'll just threaten to do it
myself. ;-) that'll light the fire I need...

best,
Miriam

--
http://www.dynagirl.com/