[thechat] Halo on Xbox

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Sun May 12 20:34:00 CDT 2002

> but we crushed everyone in a double elimination tournament, and
> only had one flag scored against us (in the last game, cuz i got
> cocky and left my post)...

nice!

btw, anyone played Halo on Xbox?

my brother got an xbox recently, and i played halo all weekend. almost
finished it, and have to say that it's easily the greatest console game i've
played, and close to beating (if not better than) my PC favourites.

the level design is exceptional. the atmosphere is great. and the story is
certainly no let down.

i'd be infinitely more devastating if i could play with a mouse/kb, but i am
getting used to the dual stick (+ 2 triggers, and 8 other buttons!)
controls.

so, what does everyone else think?

i can't wait to get a second controller to try co-op and deathmatch. or to
find someone else with an xbox (there is hope! xbox out-sold ps2 here
recently) to try the 4 box, 16 player link-up...

isaac