[thechat] Sacramento Kings (NBA) win Western division Semi-Finals

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Tue May 14 10:53:00 CDT 2002

At 10:05 PM 5/13/2002, rudy wrote:

> > Next they play the LA Lakers.
>
>san antonio supposed to just roll over, or what?
>
>yeah, yeah, only six teams have come back from being down 3-1

<chuckle> Yeah, well, that's just the anticipated result. The crowd was
chanting that at the end of last night's game:
<http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/2701584p-3408019c.html>

and then there's this:
Event Watch: Lakers-Kings showdown just one L.A. win away
<http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/2701589p-3408031c.html>

>anyhow, i agree, it was a great game, not the best one this post-season, but
>still a good one

Yes, definitely a good one.

>hedo was fantastic,

Yep, he was.  (I just knew him by his last name -- Hedo Turkoglu. I'm still
learning all these names! <grin>)

So was Mike Bibby (23 points plus assists), and Chris Webber, too, of course.

>and that jackson guy, where's he been all year?  runner
>up to the 6th man award, i heard'

Jackson is quite amazing with those feet and how he can manage shots when
it doesn't look like there's even a possibility.

>if they do meet the lakers, vlade is about the only guy that can stand toe
>to toe with shaq, so it shapes up to be a great final

Yes, Vlade Divac is definitely up for the task.

I suspect my son could carry on a great conversation with you about each of
these guys as he's been to so many games and watched the others on the TV.
I've only watched about 10 games all season and I'm just beginning to learn
their names.

Their official site is here:
<http://www.kings.com/>

More local coverage:
<http://www.sacbee.com/> and sports: <http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports>

>now that the mavs are gone, i'll be backing the celtics

Ah. I haven't paid nearly as much attention to the Eastern Conference.

>i love teams that hustle

Definitely understandable! Me, too.

>speaking of hustle, ya gotta love bibby, christie, webber -- those guys
>earned their first place finish and if they do meet the lakers, i think they
>can beat them

I think they can, too. They beat them during the season, too.

>were you at the game with your son, shirley?

Nope. His dad took him. He was able to pull a few strings to get those
tickets just 2 rows behind the team owners. I talked to him during the game
but could barely hear him over all the crowd noise.... but he was obviously
having fun. :-)

I just watched at home with my daughter. Still fun but I know it was
nothing like being there!

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com