[thechat] Creativity locales

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue May 14 15:58:00 CDT 2002

On 03:17 PM 5/14/2002, JCanfield at magisnetworks.com said to me:
>Carnegie Mellon economist Richard Florida (in 'The Rise of the Creative
>Class') has ranked the 10 most creative cities in the US:
>
>1. San Francisco
>2. Austin
>3. San Diego
>4. Boston
>5. Seattle
>6. Raleigh/Durham cripes why don't they get a new name?
>7. Houston
>8. Baltimore
>9. NY
>10. Dallas
>
>Only two in California, but three in Texas? I been to Texas. I lived there.
>It's nothing personal; honest.

I'm *in* Texas, and I think that's a stretch.

Austin makes sense and is well-deserved.

Houston, AFAIC, has no place in this list...I can't think of anything
creative in Houston...hmmm...maybe Enron's accounting practices... (Sorry, Ron)

I would probably even consider Dallas to be a stretch...

*shrugs*

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

                I'm reading your e-mail right now.