[thechat] Just off out...

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu May 16 05:17:00 CDT 2002

At 03:19 PM 5/16/2002, Seb wrote:
>Episode II was good. Very very good. If you don't yet have tickets, you are
>doing yourself a great injustice. Though I need to see it again (and again
>and again), my immediate reaction is that this was the best film of the 5.
>That's right, true believers, The Empire Strikes Back is second to Attack
>of the Clones.

Are you sure you weren't just mesmerised by the special effects? From what
I've heard, there are plenty of fights, and plenty of Jedi knights swinging
their light sabres around. But is there more to the movie? The "love"
dialogue in the trailers was very wooden, IMO. I'm waiting for Mr. Cranky
(www.mrcranky.com) to review the movie. His Spider-man review was nutty!

And the Yoda in this one is a CGI character. Contort his body, he can.
Shove a light sabre up your arse, he will. :)

But... octogenarian Christopher "Saruman or Drakula - you decide" Lee is a
bad guy. That itself should be interesting.

>I have to sleep now. My parting words... well, Natalie Portman wasn't
>wearing a bra for most of the film. Make of that what you will.

Not much to make anything of, actually. ;)
If you want to give your imagination a break, however, try this URL (may
offend some people):
http://shorl.com/holestupebyge

Hey, Natalie Portman is kinda cute, but when I look at her, I still see the
12 year-old from "The Professional", and that puts me off.

Wonder who will play Anakin in part 3. Actually, I'm quite looking forward
to part 3, when Anakin becomes Vader and wipes out the Jedi. It's going to
be a dark movie... (titled "No Hope" perhaps?)

Madhu
(who'll probably not get to see the movie for a month or two in India)