[thechat] Re: Kenya (was: Just off out...)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu May 16 13:22:01 CDT 2002

At 06:54 PM 5/16/2002, AH wrote:

>I am an Indian (an indian passport holder) - though i have lived here for
>quite a long while .  Kenya does have a fairly large population of people
>of indian origin(roots)  (they came here 2 or 3 generations ago.) who last
>counted in at 200 - 250,000 in a country of 30 million.

Ah, a fellow Indian then. :)
For a long time, it seemed like I was the only Indian on thelist. We seem
to have added a couple more recently.

http://encarta.msn.com/find/Concise.asp?z=1&pg=2&ti=761564507

So what's the draw of Kenya? Money? Quality of life? From what I've read,
Kenya faces many of the problems India does - corruption, poverty, pathetic
Internet connectivity, high unemployment, etc. So why have so many Indians
moved there? I'm genuinely curious.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon