[thechat] Not a dog-eat-dog world any more

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri May 17 13:47:00 CDT 2002

At 11:29 AM 5/17/2002, you typed:

>http://europe.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/05/15/austria.dog/index.html
>
>Yessir, times have changed. It ain't a dog-eat-dog world any more. ;)
>
>Madhu

Oh, ugh! <big chuckle>

Now I'm looking at my own dog a little differently, hoping I don't have any
health problems when we're home alone, but scrambling for one of those
timer food dishes that dumps food in the bowl daily for at least 2 weeks.
<big grin>

I'm also going to consider changing the name of my weekly Friday Feast
column to something else....

So I wonder if anyone will adopt that dog and if the dog will need PTSD[1]
counseling. Then again, the dog may just be a descendent of the Donner
party.[2]

1 - PTSD - post traumatic stress disorder
2 - California history - the Donner party ended up turning to cannibalism
to survive. <http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/donner/>

Uh-oh. It's happening again. I need to work and am too distracted by
thechat. ;-)

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com