[thechat] Sexy Dancing Has Schools on Prom Patrol

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri May 17 23:03:01 CDT 2002

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29912-2002May16.html

<quote>

There will be no "grinding," "doggy dancing" or "front piggy-backing" at
Oakland Mills High School's senior prom this year.

At least, not according to the page-long list of rules recently written by
Marshall Peterson, principal of the Columbia school. Also off limits:
"hiking up skirts," "hands on the floor" and any train of people "unless
it's a conga line."

Frederick Douglass High School in Upper Marlboro makes parents sign a
pledge promising to pick their children up early if they are found dancing
inappropriately. And at Stone Bridge High School in Ashburn, the deejay
froze the freaking several times during a recent dance by playing the
"Barney" theme song.

</quote>

Noooooooo... Not Barney! I've always opined that martial arts training
would go a lot faster if they replaced the regular sandbag with a purple
Barney sandbag. Whenever you'd look at it, you'd remember "I love you, you
love me..." and then kick the crap out of the sandbag. ;)

Regards,

Madhu