[thechat] evolters with blogs

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Sun May 19 19:57:01 CDT 2002

Hey all,

Lachlan Cannon wrote:
> Just finished putting my first entry up to my blog (scary, in a weird
way),
> and it struck me that about half the sites I visit on a daily basis now
are
> blogs by evolters - does anyone know how many of us are bloggers?

Well... hmm. I've just (sort of) started (yeah, I know... a bit behind the
trend here). I was finally inspired by my good (real life) friend Claire, of
LoobyLu (http://loobylu.com/) fame (and I *mean* fame).

If you want to check it out, it's at

    http://funkwit.com/

Please ignore the god-awful font, I screwed up and uploaded the wrong
version of the stylesheet... it should be much nicer than that. But you can
read it, at least.

Usual deal, fully CSS/XHTML (doesn't validate at the moment though, because
I screwed up the nav area. Oh well. Will fix tonight). Should exclude the SS
totally from NS4, leaving them with vanilla Times Roman black on white etc.
etc. etc. Haven't tested that though.

I basically created it as a coding experiment -- I wanted it to be fully DB
driven, etc. etc... so it's not using Movable Type or anything like that.
It's actually quite flexible, I played with MT and there's not much I can do
with that that I can't do with my system...

Also, I am a cantankerous old fool and I like having somewhere to sound off
(see: "Blowhole").

Anyway, I'd love feedback.

Paul.