[thechat] Explain This Sentence

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at hotpop.com
Mon May 20 21:07:01 CDT 2002

Hello Everybody,
For the first time, I have encountered a Physics book by USA Authors.
Therefore, their style is a little alien for me. Sometimes, I even stuck
at place because of pure American style of writing. I think, it happens
because the writers have written the book considering the reader an
American. In a numerical problem, following sentence is, I think, of the
same kind:

<sentence>
You drive an Interstate 10 from San Antonio to Houston, one-half the
time at 35 mi/h (= 56.3 km/h) and the other half at 55 mi/h (= 88.5
km/h).
</sentence>

Now tell me, what is this "10" here? What it stands for? Explain above
sentence in this perspective.
Thank you,
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/