[thechat] Google and Dilbert

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Tue May 21 03:30:00 CDT 2002

At 01:21 AM 5/21/2002, Martin typed:

>since when did Google start putting Dilbert on their main search page?

Here's the magic answer:

Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:48:10 -0700
Subject: [google-friends] Dilbert Comes to Google

Dear Google Friends,

If you haven't been to Google yet today, come check out our homepage:
It's all about Dilbert. Starting today, Scott Adams -- known to
cube-dwellers everywhere as Dilbert's creator -- will have his way
with our logo for an entire week, submitting our brand to the tender
mercies of his crack team of management consultants. Cartoonist,
MBA, and certified hypnotist Adams has made his mark mocking bosses,
marketing plans, performance reviews, and other workplace afflictions
in 2,000 newspapers, 65 countries, and 25 languages. We're sure he'll
meet or exceed his goals at Google too. To find out, come to:

    http://www.google.com/

We look forward to your visit and wish you the best.

The Google Team