[thechat] beards...(was.)..I am going nuts

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue May 21 10:12:01 CDT 2002

Don't know about this, but I have just split with
She-Who-Must-Be-Ignored,

I really hope this is a Rumpole reference ;)

 so MY beard-ban has lifted. I'm not sure yet
which configuration to go for, but I'm pretty sure that current
anti-beard feelings notwithstanding I will commence sprouting soon.
Perhaps we should have a thechat beard contest? Any others up for
posting pictures in four weeks to six weeks time to see how wild we can
get?

Mine is gone. Couple weeks ago I was too sick to shave for 4 days, and I had
such a good start that I let it go another week or so. Pretty respectable
presence after only eleven days. But its popularity on the homefront was
nil, even negative. So, I'm back to eternal 4 o'clock shadow (ever seen
Homer Simpson shave? How, two seconds later, he looks like he needs a shave
again? Yeah, like that.)

So, if I ever circumvent the local resistance forces, I'll go head to head
(heh) with any of y'all in a beard-growing contest. Yes, Miriam, Mish, other
female evoltistas, I'm including you, too. I'm not sexist about beards.

Our VP of Marketing had a Herculean robust manly beard; a perfect specimen.
He was on a business trip in New York on September 11th. By the time the
airlines started running again, he'd decided *not* to look *too* manly, so
it's long gone.

joel