[thechat] Good Driving Songs

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue May 21 14:48:01 CDT 2002

On 01:42 PM 5/21/2002, Joel Canfield said to me:
> > So, I'm looking for the next batch of music, so, I'm curious, what do you
>all like to listen to on > > the road?  What songs out there make you enjoy
>driving (or make you just mash the accelerator)?
>
>I'm off in a coupla minutes myself!
>
>Tank! - Seatbelts

Heh.  I completely left off my CD full of anime tunes (of course including
Tank!, the opening theme from Cowboy Bebop).  Another great driving song
(although definitely rock, not jazz) is the opening theme from Outlaw Star,
called Through the Night.  I wish I could find the MP3 to link to...the
lyrics are here though:

<http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/ostar/osttn.htm>

Here we go.  This is actually a video of the opening down in the multimedia
section (and it's pretty big: 13.5 Mb):

<http://store.yahoo.com/animenation/av-0820.html>

but it does have the song (although the full version is about four minutes
long).

Thanks for everyone's suggestions (I figured there'd be plenty of good
options from this group).  I'm going to flip through most of them
tonight.  I won't have a shortage of music, that's for sure. :)

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

                I'm reading your e-mail right now.