[thechat] Good Driving Songs

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Tue May 21 23:54:01 CDT 2002

>Sheesh, now I'm looking forward to the day when we road trip w/o the kid --
>our list includes Trout Fishing in America -- about the only kids music
>that doesn't put me to sleep.

<delurk>
Oh cool! I was going through the list to make sure no one mentioned this
before I said it. I didn't think many people knew about Trout Fishing -
"Big Trouble"
http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1328801402/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=TROUT+FISHING+IN+AMERICA/itemid=35455

is my favorite CD (although I'm tired of the Dinosaur songs..) - can you
sing "Proper Cup of Coffee" in French? ha ha

Another favorite is Dr. Demento collections,

http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1328801402/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=VA-DR.+DEMENTO/itemid=332275

or Twisted Tunes. I usually throw in something goofy between songs to keep
me awake - like Brak (Space Ghost) singing the Bologna Sandwich song or
from the Doctor's Anniversary CD set - Particle Man. That song is ANNOYING
but it will keep you awake!

Let's see - Rusted Root?
http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1328801402/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=RUSTED+ROOT/itemid=305836

I have a very eclectic music collection, so some of this may be off the
wall. Your list is a good one!

</delurk>