[thechat] Good news... Nigerian email fraud gang nabbed

ashok at magicalkenya.com ashok at magicalkenya.com
Wed May 22 08:05:00 CDT 2002

the nigerian govt. actually setup a website for all these various scams :
http://www.nigerianfraudwatch.org , but the site went down after a few days
for reasons unknown ....

some of the original emails looked like this :

Dear Sir,
I have been instructed by my colleagues to look for partners who can assist
us execute an urgent business transaction involving huge profits and
international cooperation.
We are interested in the importation of Solar Panels, Agricultural
equipment and computer accessories. We need a foreign partner who can
assist us with the transaction involving US$40,500 000.00 which has been
set-aside in an escrow account. We have resolved that a negotiable
percentage will be your commission for participating in this transaction on
our behalf and any other assistance you may give in this deal. A percentage
will also be set aside from the entire sum to settle any expenses we may
incur in the cause on these transactions.

My colleagues and I are civil servants and as such, it is not possible for
any of us to operate a foreign account directly; hence we are soliciting
your support. We propose to finalize the transaction in ten working days.
Yours Sincerely,

Please can you forward all replies to my confidential email address:
[deleted]