[thechat] Good Driving Songs

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed May 22 22:17:00 CDT 2002

> From: "Olly Hodgson" <gnarly at punkass.com>
>
> New Order to Soul Coughing in one sentence, I'm impressed :-) Have you
> heard the Kylie vs New Order "I cant get blue monday out of my head"
> official-bootleg thats going around at the moment? I quite like it.

nope, haven't heard it... got a URL?

i think i'm the last person on the planet who doesn't know how to get
MP3s or have some file sharing app installed on any of my machines...
 i just rip my own MP3s, and sometimes swipe a few off a co-worker's
machine...

> I tend to go for things at the big beat end of the spectrum for
> driving long distances. Fluke's "Risotto" and The Chemical Brothers
> "Dig Your Own Hole" are favourites.

oh yeah, good stuff... very good for long drives... as opposed to the
orb, which could knock me out... a 45-minute track, while nice for
consistency, has an unfortunate trance-like effect that affects how
one corners...

> Breakestra's "The Live Mix Vol 2" is a really funky CD that I love to
> play on the daily commute. Rae & Christian's "Blazing The Crop" and
> "Taken From The Catalogue" mix CDs, aswell as their two studio albums
> come highly reccomended too.

new to me, have to track 'em down...

--
Read the evolt.org case study