[thechat] Telemarketers get what they deserve :)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri May 24 03:30:00 CDT 2002

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-1682438,00.html

<quote>

Louisville comedian Tom Mabe went undercover at a telemarketing convention
in the nation's capitol Monday to turn the tables on an industry he loves
to hate.

He was on the phone calling telemarketers in their hotel rooms before dawn
Monday.

Asked if he felt bad about waking the telemarketers and owners of call
centers who attended the American Teleservices Association conference, Mabe
said no way. ``What they do is so intrusive,'' he said. ``I think it's
trespassing.''

</quote>

I'm so glad I live in a country where telemarketing hasn't quite caught on. :)

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
User Experience Consultant