[thechat] google sets a-go-go

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri May 24 17:48:01 CDT 2002

At 02:06 PM 5/24/2002, you typed:

> > From: Judah McAuley <judah at wiredotter.com>
>[...]
> >   BTW, if anyone out there doesn't know about Leni Riefenstahl they
> > ought to do some investigating.

Here's a couple for starters:

Leni Riefenstahl
<http://www.leni-riefenstahl.de/>

The Perpetual Dancer - Leni Riefenstahl
<http://www.leniriefenstahl.co.uk/>

Leni Riefenstahl - Olympiad (1936)  -- includes Triumph of the Will
<http://rubens.anu.edu.au/htdocs/bytype/film/riefenstahl/olympiad/>

> > One of the most amazing life stories
> > I've ever heard of.  Hitler, Africa, Art, Scuba Diving/Underwater
> > Photography.  She's done it all.  Her complicity with the Nazi's in
> > filming the '32 Munich Olympics has made her a contraversial figure.
> > but no one can deny that she's a fascinating person.

Sounds intriguing.

>oh, i'd do her...
>
>if she was my age...
>
>but she's got some great stuff... triumph of the will is on DVD, and
>it's really worth getting it...

I'm glad to hear you're interested in her mind and not just her body <grin>.

>her work is phenomenal, regardless, as you said, how you see her
>relationship with the nazis...

I don't know anything about her, so I'll enjoy scouting around the 'Net
over the weekend.

>as a film student in college, i got to see a lot of her stuff...

Makes good sense, especially from my initial quick glimpse of the above
sites (which I'll explore more).

Warmly,
Shirley

Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com