Peter Murphy (was Re: [thechat] google sets a-go-go)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun May 26 11:13:00 CDT 2002

> From: Andy Warwick <mailing.lists at creed.co.uk>
>
> Nice to see you've got good taste in music :)

yeah, it's so rare these days...

> What did you make of Peter's latest, Dust?
>
> I'm afraid I didn't rate it at all, and posted as much to the Peter
> mailing lists (where I am in a significant minority); surprisingly,
> they were kind (mad) enough to stick my review up on the official
> site...
>
> <http://www.petermurphy.org/dust/dust/albumreviews.html>

hmmm... haven't gotten it yet specifically because of poor reviews...
the two remakes aren't bad, but definitely not where i expected them
to go...

it's almost like he tried *too* hard with the middle eastern stuff,
and Dead Can Dance it isn't...

i suspect it will grow on me, but i'll need to buy it first since i
returned the copy i borrowed...

oddly, last night i made a CD compilation of 4 tracks off each of
Love Hysteria, Deep, Holy Smoke, and Cascade for my car, and let me
tell you, it's not easy picking just 15 (tried for 16, but ran out of
space) tracks from those four albums...

so, either way, Dust isn't driving music anyway... the reviews are
right, it's candle and wine music when you're staring at the
ceiling...

i was gonna make a new order compilation for the car today...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself