Blockbuster (Was: Re: [thechat] Telemarketers get what they deserve :)

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Sun May 26 14:41:05 CDT 2002

> [Yep - a business ready to turn down a cash transaction because they couldn't
> make another $.000002 by selling my phone number! *That* level of corporate
> stupidity should not be allowed to survive.]

Could be different in Canada, but when I go to rent a movie they scan my
card, then ask for my first name and my last four digits of my home number.
What this does is ensures that no one is using my card without my
authorisation.  If you think it's dumb that they ask my phone number too, I
say it's fairly safe... how many people keep their home phone number in
their wallet?

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215