[thechat] footer, can't we all just get along?

Chris Marsh chrism at puffofsmoke.net
Sun May 26 15:23:00 CDT 2002

> > On Behalf Of miriam at meo.evolt.org
> > > ____
> > > While the US does not have a monopoly on stupidity ... it
> does seem
> > to be an overly abundant natural resource.
> >
> > That is *really* offensive.
>
> +1
>
> Or do we use an insult for each country, rotating them
> weekly? Who's next? Scotland? GB? India? Germany? Japan?
> Shall we set a priority list?

<humour>
That is *incredibly* offensive to me. You refer to Scotland in it's own
right when in fact it is part of Great Britain, and then you fail to
recognise *my* country (England) but lump it in with Scotland (which as
stated receives TWO mentions) and Wales. If your suggestion of a
priority list of countries to insult is to be implemented, I *strongly*
believe that it should be as follows:

1) England (we're number 1)
2) Scotland
3) Germany
4) India
5) Japan

Wales would have come in at number 3, but as I'm sure we're all aware
Wales is not a country. It *is* a nation, *and* a principality, but not
a country. However even though England should be number 1 in all things,
I *think* I just took offense at my own list... Damn this political
correctness! Is there a manual that describes what it is proper to take
offense at and what is not? Perhaps I should move to Germany where there
is apparently no humour... Darn it! Another offensive statement. I'm
going to quit before I fall any further behind.
</humour>

Regards

Chris Marsh