[thechat] Ireland?

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Tue May 28 12:13:00 CDT 2002

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

>Any Irish evolters around these parts, or evolters who have traveled
there?

Browser testing in the brewery count?
(actually, I spend a fair amount of time there - I have friends, relatives
and clients there)

>Naturally, we're interested in a pilgrimage to Guinness...

http://www.guinness.com/guinness/en_GB/knowing/history/0,6391,125495_125592,00.html
(if you hit the gateway page, tell it you want to visit the Great Britain
site (it's GB, not UK for ahem, interesting reasons)

http://www.guinnessstorehouse.com/

>We're also looking to travel about the country as much as we can.

Make sure you do Wicklow - it's a nice day's drive out of Dublin. It'll be
hard avoiding Avoca (although if you've not seen BallyK you probably won't
get it), and Glendalough is nice - last time I was there it was closed for
foot & mouth reasons, but it should be OK now.

>Waterford seems in order :-)... of course I'd love to see everything
>but we're only there about 10 days (stupid short Ami vacations!).

Cork's nice, especially if you can get down to the coast towards Kinsale:
http://www.easyweb.co.uk/photos/cork/index.html
and the west coast is very different again

http://www.gaa.ie/
http://www.guinness.com/guinness/en_GB/seeing/ads/ad/0,6438,125495_125898,00.html

>Any warnings or advice to the savvy travelers?
This:
is more representative than this:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/068484267X/

Cheers