[thechat] passport expediter services

Miriam Frost miriam at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 3 11:28:01 CDT 2002

> advice is do it yourself as fast as you can -- pay all the extra
> charges...
> the expeditor services i started to call did not make me feel very
> confident, so i did it myself and turned it our somewhat quickly...
> how long you got?

Which ones did you call?
Um, we're heading out on Monday.
A friend of mine drove to Chicago (2 hours each way from here, so a whole
day of work, really) once when she was in the same situation and she got
hers right away --- but The State Dept. web site says that in-person, you're
still looking at a two-week turnaround.
http://travel.state.gov/passport_expedite.html  Their #800 is actually a
$0.95/minute #900 number, so even to call is crazy.... these are the people
I was thinking about using...  http://www.americanpassport.com/aboutco.html

grimly,
Miriam