[thechat] I Hate Windows!

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jun 5 16:10:00 CDT 2002

At 02:29 AM 6/6/2002, BenD wrote:
>I'm running Win2K Pro SP2.  IIS and CF were installed recently but AFTER
>this problem started.  It *did* start happening about the time we switched
>to a domain controller here in the office (but I didn't set it up and I'm
>not in a position to debug that).  The connection does act normally, so
>that doesn't *seem* like that's it.

Hi Ben.

I had the same problem a few months ago, except that it only happened while
connecting to my ISP. I could try and help you more, but first I need to
know if your PC is on a LAN or a standalone, and what you typically use it
for. There are tons of services you can turn off (or if you're unsure, set
them to "Manual"), but it depends on whether yours is a standalone PC or not.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu "MadMan" Menon
Defender of Justice, Destroyer of Evil, and Keeper of the Knowledge
Blog: http://madman.weblogs.com