[thechat] Winows Media Player 7.0 Visualizations

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Jun 10 12:43:01 CDT 2002

At 10:33 PM 6/10/2002, Syed wrote:
>In accordance to my information about Indian names, I think Madhu is a
>female name.

Oy! Who're you calling a female? I'm a young, heterosexual male, thank you. ;)

"Madhu" is a female name in North India, yes. But in South India (where I'm
from), it's a male name. I studied in New Delhi and got enough crap for
having a "girl's name". Bah!

Photo here for proof: http://madman.weblogs.com/pictures/viewer$24
(I'm the one in the blue shirt, thanks for asking :)

("Madhu" translates to "honey", btw. Go figure what my parents were thinking.)

>Madhu knows better English because in Pakistan, India and
>many other Asian countries grammar is the main focus of learners of
>English and fine use of grammar makes one's English much good and more
>beautiful.

Well... perhaps. I attribute it to an obsession with the language, and also
to meeting plenty of Britons in my lifetime (my father is the Indian agent
for Alstom, a large European company, and I used to meet a foreigner
practically every other day when I was a kid.)

Regards,

Madhu