[thechat] the political compass

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Mon Jun 10 19:21:01 CDT 2002

Erika Meyer wrote:
> Paint me red, black, and green, baby.
>
> "More extreme than Gandhi" (TM)
>
> Economic Left/Right: -5.88
> Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.67

I'm glad I'm not as extreme as Erika *grin*

Left/Right: -3.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.38

It's about what I expected.  Economically I basically believe in free
markets but I don't think that poor people are bad/dumb and I don't
think that corporations run by assholes should be allowed to do whatever
they want.  And socially I want people to get out of my bedroom and
leave me the hell alone.

Really, my economic and social philosophies boil down to a single truth:
Don't be an asshole.  I find that most debates can be worked out of that
single position.  Of course, I'm a moral relativist (which complicates
matters) but that is another thread.

Judah