[thechat] the political compass

Sean G. ethanol at mathlab.sunysb.edu
Mon Jun 10 21:54:01 CDT 2002

Howdy,

Economic Left/Right: -2.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.97

I don't how the answers are weighed, but many of the questions are quite
ambiguous.  For example, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" is
these days usually taken as an argument for harsher punishment for
criminals.

But 'an eye for an eye' was originally a call for restraint--do no worse
than you have had done to you.

Sean G