[thechat] annular eclipse

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 10:02:01 CDT 2002

--- rudy <rudy937 at rogers.com> wrote:

> those of you in the western half of the north
> american continent should go outside and have a look
>
> times for san diego are here --

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/ASE2002/ASE2002.html#partial

I got home at about 6:15pm having heard absolutely
nothing about an eclipse. (Car stereo is dead.) The
kids were out in the back yard and seemed excited
about something. They told me that there was an
eclipse and were bumbed that they couldn't see it.
Well, since we're moving soon we have lots of
cardboard
boxes lying around, so I poked a hole in one and we
could see the eclipse great. I had never done this box
trick before and found that the first hole I poked was
too big. Second hole was really small and worked
great.
I tried to get a shot with the digicam but since it's
new to me I had no idea what to do to get a shot. Then
I went out to get some fast food as my wife was down
with a migraine and when I got back and turned on the
television USA-S.Korea were in the 54th minute. I say
again, I realllly enjoy watching futbol!

Terry