[thechat] Some football stuff

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Jun 12 05:34:01 CDT 2002

First, one of those nonsensical maths equations:

Brazil last won the world cup in 1994.
Before that they won it in 1970.
Add 1970 and 1994, it equals 3964.

Argentina last won the world cup in 1986.
Before that they won it in 1978.
Add 1978 and 1986, it equals 3964.

Germany last won in 1990.
Before that they won in 1974.
Add 1990 and 1974, it equals 3964.

So going by this logic, the winner of the 2002 world cup is the same as the
3964 - 2002 = 1962 world cup.
The 1962 world cup was won by Brazil.

Indian fans too have reason to rejoice : India has never won the world cup
so we'll probably win it in the year 3964.

Next is for those interested in food:

Superplonk "Match of the Day".

Each day throughout the World Cup tournament we will bring you the perfect
wine and food match to accompany the footy. Cuisine from around the world
paired with its ideal wine partner. So even if you cannot Bend it like
Beckham, at least you can Munch it like Malcolm!