[thechat] Find your ideal US city

Janet Green JGreen at desmoinesmetro.com
Wed Jun 12 16:30:01 CDT 2002

Madhu,
I don't live in MPLS-St. Paul but we do visit there every year for a large car show. (Anyone else go to "Back to the 50's"?) Impressions of an annual visitor:

1. The freeway traffic is horrible and confusing.
2. The winters are long (that's why Minnesotans have such radical custom cars - they have plenty of "winter" for their "winter projects!) - which can be a plus or a minus, depending on how much you like snow.
3. There is EVERYTHING to do - many, many cultural, recreational and entertainment options

My top spots were Charleston, SC, San Marcos, TX and Gainesville, FL. I thought I liked my hometown a lot (Des Moines, IA), but it's nowhere on my list of 24.

Janet

I took the test and it told me that my ideal place was Minneapolis-StPaul,
Minnesota. Does anyone here know anything about it? :)

Regards,

Madhu