[thechat] Find your ideal US city

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Jun 12 21:34:00 CDT 2002

At 9:00 PM -0500 6/12/02, Hugh Blair wrote:
>Not that I'm an expert on MSP, but I sure haven't found too many Indian
>and Thai places that stand out. Hence, my comment.

I'm not a huge fan of Indian food, but friends that are say Taste of
India is superb ... they give it a "10" on twincities.citysearch.com
- and there are 14 others to choose from.

There are three _excellent_ Thai places here: Chang Mai Thai, Taste
of Thailand, and Ruam Mit ... plus many other great ones, heh, I do
like Thai food in general though. But try Ruam Mit in St Paul ...
ironically, Chang Mai is owned by white people ... but has a great
atmosphere and great food.

>  > >  pretty good airport system,
>>
>>  Excellent, I'd say ... as MSP is NWA's hub!
>
>Well, don't rate it that high. NorthWorst is probably my most hated
>airline,

I will defer to your judgement: I hardly ever fly ... I was saying
that based on the fact that you can get a large number of direct
flights and can park super-close to the terminal despite all the
ridiculous post 9/11 rules.

Hey, forgot to mention, we have the best FBI agent here! Plus the
best Governor among the Governors who were once pro wrestlers!

Of the Public Broadcasting stations I've listened to, Minnesota
Public Radio is heads over heals the best.

It absolutely bites that Qwest is the government sanctioned
telecommunications monopoly, but I understand it's a problem
everywhere. If you ever want to force me to waste 2 hours bitching
about Qwest, ask "What do you think of Qwest?"

I could speak on and on about the Twin Cities as well ... it's nice here.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/

Through June 15