[thechat] Find your ideal US city Part II

Andrew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Thu Jun 13 11:14:00 CDT 2002

At 11:07 13/06/2002 -0500, Tamara wrote:
>So, now he's giving me grief about moving to Ohio or Michigan.

   These things bring up a feature of American (and possibly Canadian?)
culture that's very different compared to the Irish/European attitude,
namely the willingness to move right across the country at the drop of a hat.

   In Europe, people will move around a given city as rents rise, or they
need more space, but they'll very rarely up and leave for another city, let
alone another state. In America, this seems to be the rule rather than the
exception.

   I'm only barely settled in my current house (rented) after a year and a
half, yet many American friends who've been in their current abodes for the
same time are looking to move again.

   Strange difference...

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com