[thechat] Find your ideal US city Part II

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Thu Jun 13 11:17:23 CDT 2002

Actually, I sent my dad this link and it pointed him toward Albany or
Maine...but then he said:

"I took it again. When I answered the question, " You can't wait to carry a
whole pile of damn boxes of stuff onto a truck for a few days." with a
STRONGLY DISAGREE!!! I came up with a list of only [his home town]"

So at least some of us Amuricans don't want to move. :P

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
[SMTP:ashiel at sportsinteraction.com]
	Sent:	Thursday, June 13, 2002 12:13 PM
	To:	thechat at lists.evolt.org
	Subject:	Re: [thechat] Find your ideal US city Part II

	At 11:07 13/06/2002 -0500, Tamara wrote:
	>So, now he's giving me grief about moving to Ohio or Michigan.

	   These things bring up a feature of American (and possibly
Canadian?)
	culture that's very different compared to the Irish/European
attitude,
	namely the willingness to move right across the country at the drop
of a hat.

	   In Europe, people will move around a given city as rents rise, or
they
	need more space, but they'll very rarely up and leave for another
city, let
	alone another state. In America, this seems to be the rule rather
than the
	exception.

	   I'm only barely settled in my current house (rented) after a year
and a
	half, yet many American friends who've been in their current abodes
for the
	same time are looking to move again.

	   Strange difference...

	   Drew.