[thechat] Find your ideal US city Part II

Tamara abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu Jun 13 13:00:00 CDT 2002

On Thursday 13 June 2002 11:12 am, you wrote:
> In Europe, people will move around a given city as rents rise, or they
> need more space, but they'll very rarely up and leave for another city, let
> alone another state. In America, this seems to be the rule rather than the
> exception.

That would be the pioneer spirit in us I guess.

I like being *home* and don't really want to pull up stakes, but we're
definitely a mobile society as our jobs change and/or lives change.  We
haven't had the same address for more than 2 years since I can remember and
all the moves were due to job changes. Oh well -- at least we've stayed in
the same general area.

Now, when I retire though, I want a big ole camper and then go park in my
kids' driveways so I can torment them for a change. I think I could do that
from Tennessee much better than from Illinois.

;-)