[thechat] Find your ideal US city

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 13 22:06:01 CDT 2002

> From: Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk>
>
> > Of course, if you're really into winter
> > sports and you actually like being outside in the cold (minus 20
> > degrees Celsius) then you'll probably like northern winters.
>
> There's a Garrison Keillor line something like "Winter makes you feel
> alive - when the whole world tells you 'DIE! DIE!' and your body
> responds 'HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!' "

imagine it's a couple days after xmas and your entire city is snowed
in... all your neighbors were ramped up to go to holiday parties with
family & friends, but now they're stuck and they've got lots of food,
too...

add a metal garbage can, some kindling, a bar made from snow, kahlua
slushies, and temperatures cold enough to freeze beer in no time and
enjoy for six hours...

the photos of this event are mixed in with lots of other snow shots:
http://roselli.org/photos/snow_day/

incidentally, i told my survey that i like snow and cold, and it
didn't pick buffalo...

but it did pick lots worse places...

--
Read the evolt.org case study