[thechat] Disc Golf?

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Jun 14 08:54:00 CDT 2002

Well ... I remembered that Rudy played Ultimate - I think there was a thread about the "land shark" thing some time ago - so I figgered he might do the golf thing too....

It just kinda seemed to me like something evolters would be into.

[.. not good ..] Bah! It's all about fun!  I think we played a hole or two backwards last night - shooting from the 5th tee to the 8th green ... and we *definitely* weenied out and skipped the water hazard holes ... but who cares?

We had a blast!  We took my buddies 12 year old son - and he had a great time too!  His dad bought him a custom hi-tech frisbee last night - so he's a hero today!

{We ran into the guy who runs discgolf.com or something like that over at the course last night.  He was selling frisbees. <rolls eyes> ...  He was driving a Lexus LS400 - with 'disc golf' vanity plates - <stops rolling eyes> - and selling frisbees. ... Damn! I guess it must be tough to have to *work* for a living!}

I think we did pretty well - I got a couple of pars, one of which took a lucky 50' putt threading a few trees.  My buddy got a very lucky roll with his driver and actually got a birdie! ... [Damn! I'm gonna have to break a few of his fingers today!]

;-)

RonL.