[thechat] Disc Golf?

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Fri Jun 14 12:17:01 CDT 2002

> ... any other players here?

yeah, been playing for about seven years, most every week regular

> if you saw how i played, you'd say that i'm not...

i'd say you were, aardvark

anyone who shoots below par on our course in the beaches the first time out
is good -- took me a couple years to beat par consistently, and a couple
more to set my personal best of 54 (our par 72 course record is a 49, which
was 12 under out, 13 under in)

> I remembered that Rudy played Ultimate

how would maclean phrase this?   bzzzzzzt, wrong   ;o)

> It just kinda seemed to me like something evolters would be into.

yup

seb, 1999
http://members.evolt.org/rudy/seb1.jpg
http://members.evolt.org/rudy/seb3.jpg

sølve, 2001
http://members.evolt.org/rudy/solve.html

cfnorth, 2002
http://members.evolt.org/rudy/

last week, played with william (woolgathering.cx), whom i know from
webdesign-L

> You shouldn't play disc golf with a frisbee!

must have been doing it wrong all these years

> Those things are flimsy and you can't huck em good. :P

course etiquette here puts a limit at 175gr, and nothing denser than a full
size disc

lotsa pedestrians on our course and we want it to bounce off them

this foresight to work in our legal favour should we ever hit someone

> one of my discraft ultimate discs (175g),
> didn't work out too well for putting.

can't see why, must be your technique

i play with the same 165gr frisbee on every shot

> - and I doubt he will bring it [Whammo frisbee] again.

he's easily intimidated

mine's a neon green whammo and i challenge all y'all to a round or two

>  If there are enough folks, you can play Ultimate.

perhaps more to the point, if there are enough to play ultimate, you cannot
play golf

>  soooo old he will probably keep slipping up and
> calling it frisbee golf by mistake

how many o's do i have to put in to describe me?  ooooooooold?

because i call it frisbee golf all the time

> Is there any use for upside down throws in golf?

william and his girlfriend, both ultimate players, have done that

it would be fine on, say, the tee shot on our par 5 along the beach

most other holes on our course have trees and stuff you need to shoot
around, so accuracy counts

"Aubrey's frisbee got stuck fifteen feet up a tree..."
http://rudy.ca/quatsch.cfm

rudy