[thechat] Roving Mouse Interplanetary

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Mon Jun 17 00:38:00 CDT 2002

> Hey, that reminds me of this (it was posted on Slashdot about a week
> ago, Java required):
>
> http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/

Hey folks, I'm using IE5.5 (5.50.4807.2300, 128-bit cipher, Updates
SP2, Q306121, Q312461, Q313675, Q316059, Q319182, Q321232)

And when I go to a page like the above, I don't see the Java applet.
I just see an image space that never gets loaded. I've checked my
settings in Tools/Internet Options/Security and although I don't
allow "unsigned ActiveX controls", everything regarding Java is set
as "Allow" - so I'm stumpped.

Any ideas? This system has been flaky ever since I had to build a
new HD from a crashed one, so there must be something that just
isn't set right.

All help is greatly appreciated!

--
    Hugh