[thechat] sxsw - pricing?

dave mclean dave at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 17 01:44:00 CDT 2002

On 2002.06.16 19:25, jswiders wrote:

> so i wondered how much SxSW cost.  'cause they aren't sayin.

They have student pricing, but I think it's just under $200 USD.  I'm not
sure if that entitles you to the whole shebang or just the interactive
festival.  We went in 2001, but many of us forked out too much for
airfare/booze/hotel rooms, to actually go to the conference.  I think
aardvark went to some stuff and ceaselessly yelled out "Hack!" to anything
anyone had to say.  It won't be long before he's a speaker on the tour. I
think listening to aardvark is just as, if not more, useful than listening
to Zeldman.  Not a slag against the Z-man, but he's just done a better job
of whoring himself.  Adrian's got a ways to go yet, but he's getting there.
Oh yeah, sxsw.... uh... it was a fun time, but we didn't need to go to
anything because we did all the evening events and hung out in this sort of
mass of evolt.org whilst we were there. We did go to the tradeshow though...
that was fun.

-d

____
damclean 403.708.6215