[thechat] What language is this?

Seb seb at members.evolt.org
Tue Jun 18 13:49:01 CDT 2002

>That's all it says on the dude's site: http://cavedoni.com/blogorroico/
>
>I thought of mailing him and asking, but what if he's saying, "This guy's a
>dickhead"? (-:

He's saying that you're like the referee from the Italy / South Korea match
this morning.

The Italians are really pissed (more than you can possibly imagine) because
in the last three minutes of normal time Korea scored an equaliser. Then,
in the last seconds of extra time, Korea went a goal ahead with a pretty
spectacular header. Rather than blame it on their own astonishing arrogance
and complacency, it's traditional to blame the referee. The Italian belief
is that their team are footballing gods.

I'm guessing he doesn't understand sarcasm in English well enough to get
your point, Madhu, though it's possible that I'm missing the sarcasm in his
italian.

Seb.
*doing the little Italy-are-out happy fun dance*