[thechat] World Cup predictions... Going out on a limb :-)

Paul Cowan evolt at funkwit.com
Fri Jun 21 00:15:01 CDT 2002

Madhu boldly asked:
> Anyone else care to stick their neck out?

Right-o then.

England 2-1 Brazil a.e.t.

USA 2-2 Germany a.e.t., Germany win on penalties (well.. you did say stick
your neck out)

Senegal 2-0 Turkey

Spain 3-1 Korea

USA-Germany is an interesting one. If Germany win, I'm tipping them to take
home the cup; but I think they may well stumble here. I will back them
though.

So if the above turn out, I'll go 2 better and give predictions all the way:

England 3-1 Senegal
Germany 2-0 Spain

Then:
Senegal 1-0 Spain for 3rd
Germany 3-2 England a.e.t. for the lot

If Germany lose, Spain will beat USA, but get thumped by England in the
final.

But all this is based on England beating Brazil, which frankly I reckon is
WAY too close to call. This game today will be an absolute ball-tearer, mark
my words.

Paul-The-Quivering-With-Anticipation