[thechat] CD burning

Dulcie Meatheringham dulcie at members.evolt.org
Mon Jun 24 18:02:00 CDT 2002

Judah McAuley wrote:

> Jason Cartwright wrote:
> > Yes - Adaptec bundle (or used to bundle) software that made the CD
> > writable through windows explorer or any app you desire. Don't know if
> > it worked with CD-RW's. Be damned if I can remember the name though.
>
> It's called DirectCD.  I've got it and it came bundled with EZCD Creator
> 5 if I recall.  But I don't use it because the only time I tried to use
> a disk it created in another machine (a Mac) it didn't work.  I assume
> that its a Mac/Windows issue, but I could be wrong.  It would probably
> work just fine for data backup, but I've got a second harddrive and I
> use that for backup.

DirectCD can work in other machines, but those machines have to install a
version of DirectCD. HP has a version of this type of drag-n-drop CD burning
called DLA, or Drive Letter Access.

Dulcie.
--
Dulcie Meatheringham, Information Systems Manager
dulcie at heritagecommunityfdn.org  (780) 424-6512x227