[thechat] Too much time on the internet (was SZH)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Jun 25 10:44:07 CDT 2002

On 10:33 AM 6/25/2002, K Frey said to me:
> > I [heart] my flat-rate DSL service.
> >
> > --Ben
>
>I envy you!  DSL is not available at my house... so I am at the mercy of
>ADELPHIA.  My stress level is rather high these days as I anticipate the
>possibility of total cable modem shutdown any day now.

Ouch.  I know plenty of people who went through the same thing with @Home.

About a year ago when I went hunting for broadband, I decided to go with a
big telco (SBC) because they were less likely to disappear.  This, of
course, was at the cost of fighting with the phone company for four months
trying to persuade them that it was not working (this is another thread,
though).

Still can't get AT&T Broadband to get cable modem service in our
area.  They still send me ads with my cable bill, though...I mail them back
with my check.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

   Whatever it is, I'm sure that I was just about to get to it.