[thechat] Too much time on the internet (was SZH)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jun 25 13:18:01 CDT 2002

Hi Kristy,

Me? Outside of work? ... maybe 7 hours over the last 7 months. Virtually all of it researching potential vacation locales, prices, local activities.

<opinion>
I don't think there is any magical *amount* of time that makes surfing unhealthy.  I think it's a function of intent AND effect that can make it unhealthy ... you can surf to escape just like you can read to escape just like you can drink or do anything else to escape.  When your relationships in 'analog space' degrade as a result of the time you spend surfing (or playing your guitar or whatever), then you have probably crossed that 'unhealthy' threshold.
</opinion>

RonL.
(Who was once _addicted_ to video games.)