[thechat] Too much time on the internet

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Tue Jun 25 16:56:00 CDT 2002

On 04:30 PM 6/25/2002, Judah McAuley said to me:
>Q: How often do you use technicalities on this test to give half-assed
>answers so you won't come out as being an addict?

Pbffh.  Half-assed answers for a half-assed test.  You can't be any more
"addicted" to the internet than you can be addicted to model railroading or
collecting matchbooks or something.  Not too many self-help books for
those, though ("Kicking the HO-Scale Habit: 12 Steps to Recovery").

You can be "obsessed" with anything.  These people are just trying to scare
you, so they can make a quick buck since the market for Y2K literature and
bomb shelters dried up and they haven't been able to get on Good Morning
America lately.

Besides, I can quit anytime. :)

(It's also obvious that these people *aren't* addicted to the internet
because why on Earth would you use checkboxes for multiple-choice questions? :)

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/

Blocking out disturbing thoughts with soothing thoughts of the Internet.