[thechat] What?? WHAT?????

jcanfield at magisnetworks.com jcanfield at magisnetworks.com
Wed Jun 26 15:03:01 CDT 2002

> Another thing that's always bugged me - and I watch far too
> many lawyer shows on TV - is how your oath to tell the truth
> in court has, "so help me god" at the end. Surely, that's not
> fair either.
>
> Madhu

Well, it's only been in recent times that anyone considered *not* including
religion in politics. The founders of the US, and virtually all the beloved
early political figures, were generally deeply religious and had no qualms
about including their beliefs in their politics. My only objection is when
they want me to include their politics in my beliefs.

joel